The SEC will now have a new briefing on MMTLP according to sources familiar with the matter.
META News reports that the SEC is having a briefing with Congress on the afternoon of Tuesday, September 5.
“$MMTLP #MMTLP 🔥We finally have a date for the SEC briefing– the afternoon of SEPTEMBER 5th! Yesterday, during a zoom call with CONGRESS, @johnbrda, several other community members and myself keep the focus simple we want CONGRESS to get the AGGREGATED AUDITED SHARE-COUNT. Please CALL CONGRESS! 🙏🤜,” MMTLP activist and investor Anna Trades said on Twitter.
In June, the FINRA-MMTLP blue sheet motion was dismissed by a judge in the Supreme Court of New York City for the allegations deemed as “speculative and conclusory”.
The self-regulatory body claimed immunity and refused to provide retail investors with the blue sheets that shed light on the trading activity and fraud that occurred in ticker symbol MMTLP prior to the U3 halt and delisting.
In mid-July, Congressman Eli Crane, 2nd District of Arizona, submitted a letter to both SEC Chairman Gary Gensler and the House Financial Services Committee Chairman Patrick McHenry relating to the MMTLP fraud allegations.
By late-July, a total of 15 congress members had signed a letter requesting an MMTLP update from SEC Chairman Gary Gensler regarding the events that led to the U3 halt in December of 2022, which resulted in disastrous losses for investors.
On August 22, Congress released a new report on MMTLP after investors successful gained the attention of several members as well as other regulators, such as FINRA and the SEC.
However, the report failed to detail many of the concerns investors have been haunted by.
The upcoming briefing is the latest development with MMTLP.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- A US Company Now Declares An Unexpected Bankruptcy
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal
- Massive Layoffs in California Now Underway Prior to Holidays
- A Massive Bank Now Closes Several Branches in Florida
- Florida Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave