Massive layoffs in Wisconsin now mount this year as several more hundreds of people prepare for job cuts soon.
The state has currently laid off nearly 5,000 people this year with at least 98 companies filing WARN notices advising of upcoming job cuts.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site.
California remains the #1 state with the most layoffs in the country.
“Dowco, a leading manufacturer and supplier of OEM boat covers, tops, hardware, and accessories, will be laying off 53 staff at a facility in Manitowoc,” reports Ash Jurberg.
“Yesterday, Premier Staffing filed a WARN Act notice with the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development stating that 223 staff will be laid off in December.”
Below are a number of recent and upcoming layoffs in Wisconsin.
Upcoming Layoffs in Wisconsin 2023
The following businesses have laid of or advised of upcoming layoffs in Wisconsin this year:
- Strauss Brands is laying off 127 staff in Franklin.
- Energizer announcing 172 layoffs.
- Last month, 133 staff were laid off by Superior Die Corp in Oak Creek.
- 41 staff at St.Norbert College in De Pere will be laid off.
- National Express Transit Corporation, a transportation business, announced last Friday it will lay off 140 employees across three locations in Wisconsin.
- Master Lock lodged a WARN Act with the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development advising all 235 employees working at the Milwaukee plant would be laid off. Layoffs at the Milwaukee plant will commence on November 3 and continue until March 29, 2024.
- Rexnord announced it would lay off 64 staff in Milwaukee on November 30.
- Trucking company Yellow Freight ended operations, resulting in 261 workers in Wisconsin losing their jobs.
- Dowco, a leading manufacturer and supplier of OEM boat covers, tops, hardware, and accessories, will be laying off 53 staff at a facility in Manitowoc.
- Shine Technologies laid off 59 employees.
- The Catholic Charities, Diocese of Madison filed a WARN act last Wednesday stating that 59 staff will be laid off.
- Lereta, LLC, announced that 28 staff will be laid off in Fond du Lac.
- NorthStar Medical Radioisotopes advised of 88 layoffs across two sites in Beloit and Madison.
Other Economy News Today
A major US bank will now permanently shutter 15% of its branches starting in January of 2024.
Executives at Huntington Bank have announced that the branches inside 11 ‘Cub’ supermarkets in Minnesota will be shutting down.
Huntington (Huntington Bank) Bancshares Incorporated is an American bank holding company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio.
The company is ranked 521st on the Fortune 500, and is 26th on the list of largest banks in the United States
The branches will be closing down on January 12 and these feature facilities for customers who want to withdraw cash and deposit checks, per The Star Tribune.
“Banks in Minneapolis, Blaine, Bloomington, Burnsville, Coon Rapids, Eagan, Inver Grove Heights, Maplewood, West St. Paul, and White Bear Lake will close.
The locations are said to make up 15 percent of the chain’s locations in Minnesota,” reports The-Sun.
“The upcoming closures come after the bank chain, which has 1,200 stores, announced a raft of future shutdowns.
Huntington Bank branches are set to shutter across Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin, as revealed by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
Nine branches in Michigan are set to go to the wall and the closures are part of the banking giant’s consolidation plans.”
Toledo Blade reports that a total of 34 Huntington Bank branch locations will shutter by early next year.
But Huntington isn’t the only bank closing branches this year — this is a trend that even larger banks have fallen into, primarily due to the rising use of online banking.
Around 20 more Bank of America branches across the US will be closing down.
Brian Moynihan, the Bank of America CEO, said in an earnings call that the company’s headcount had reduced from 100,00 to 60,000, as reported by American Banker.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- A US Company Now Declares An Unexpected Bankruptcy
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- A Massive Bank Now Closes Several Branches in Florida
- California Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave