Massive layoffs in Georgia continue this month as more companies are scheduled to let go of hundreds of people.
Businesses this year have either let go of hundreds to tens of thousands of people, or have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
“September saw several more businesses announce layoffs in Georgia, adding to the growing of job cuts announced in 2023.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site,” reports Ash Jurberg.
In fact, Moody’s Investors Service data says there are 11 retailers that are currently at high risk of bankruptcy.
According to WARN data, Georgia has had 7,257 employee layoffs this year with 46 WARN notices to-date.
The state is placed at #10 with the most layoffs in the country.
California remains the #1 state with the most layoffs in the country.
Three businesses have recently filed a WARN act with the Georgia Department of Labor advising of upcoming layoffs this month.
- Excalibur Homes, 120 jobs cut in Alpharetta commencing December 15.
- Packers Sanitation. 47 jobs cut in Pendergrass
- First Savings Bank. Three jobs cut in Georgia
Below are the businesses that filed a WARN act last month of upcoming layoffs in Georgia.
Upcoming Layoffs in Georgia 2023
Below is a list of upcoming layoffs in Georgia expected to take place by year’s end:
- Saddle Creek Logistics Services, 225 jobs cut in Lithia Springs.
- Hood Industries, 105 jobs cut in Metcalfe.
- Thriveworks Administrative Service, 78 jobs cut.
- Tacomac, 25 jobs in Decatur.
- Crown Castle, 81 jobs cut in Alpharetta
- A.L.P. Lighting Components. Lithia Springs. 55 jobs cut.
- Matheson Flight Extenders. Atlanta 335 jobs cut
- Service Management Systems. Savannah. 155 jobs cut
- BPA Facility Services. Brunswick 72 jobs cut
- Crown Castle USA Inc. Alpharetta 81 jobs cut.
- Omni Corporation. Brunswick 139 jobs cut.
- Novembal USA. Across Georgia, 50 jobs were cut.
- East Lake Golf Club. Atlanta 48 jobs cut.
- Anthony, Inc. Conyers 136 jobs cut.
- Pinova, Inc. Brunswick 125 jobs cut.
- GXO Logistics Supply Chain. Fairburn 77 jobs cut.
- WestRock Services. College Park 89 jobs cut.
- Progressus Therapy. Savannah, Evans, Columbus 241 jobs cut.
- Federal Express Corporation. Macon 62 jobs cut.
- USASF SERVICING. Lawrenceville, Duluth 89 jobs cut.
- Hexaware Technolgoies, Inc. Atlanta 84 jobs cut.
- U.S. AUTO SALES, INC. Lawrenceville, Duluth 142 jobs cut.
- ART LAMINATING & FINISHING LLC Atlanta 35 jobs cut.
- Makita USA, Inc. Flowery Branch 22 jobs cut.
- Omni Corporation Glynco 18 jobs cut.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc Pendergrass 1000 jobs cut.
- David’s Bridal, LLC Buford, Kennesaw, Morrow, Macon, Augusta, Savannah 193 jobs cut.
- SSB Manufacturing Company Waycross 180 jobs cut.
- NFI Interactive Logistics, LLC McDonough 172 jobs cut.
- Batter Up Foods LLC Atlanta 110 jobs cut.
- Aspiration Partners Inc. Remote 146 jobs cut.
- Packers Sanitation Services. Murrayville 135 jobs cut.
- Solo Cup Operating Corporation Thomaston 84 jobs cut.
- Oxley Park Health and Rehabilitation Lyons 94 jobs cut.
- Walmart. Atlanta 510 jobs cut.
- Twilio Inc. Atlanta 54 jobs cut.
- Convoy, Inc. Atlanta 119 jobs cut.
- Valassis Direct Mail, Inc. Austell 69 jobs cut.
- Bechtel Power Corporation Waynesboro 536 jobs cut.
- JELD-WEN, Inc. Atlanta 82 jobs cut.
- OA Logistics Pentworth 189 jobs cut.
- Railcrew Xpress (RCX) Athens 11 jobs cut.
- Dexter Axle Company Monticello 67 jobs cut.
For more reports like this, opt-in for push notifications, join the popup newsletter, or follow me on social media below.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- A Massive Bank Now Closes Several Branches in Florida
- Massive Layoffs in California Now Underway Prior to Holidays
- Florida Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave
- A US Company Now Declares An Unexpected Bankruptcy
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs