Michigan has now become the next state expected to experience massive layoffs according to the latest data by the Department of Technology, Management and Budget.
These three states had the most layoffs in Yellow Corp., an American transportation holding company headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee.
However, upcoming layoffs in Michigan put the state right up there in terms of highest job cuts.
Job cut notifications indicate that more than 4,400 jobs will be lost.
Many layoffs will come from FCA US, Lear Corp., EYM King of Michigan, and Prospect Airport Services.
“Michigan has experienced a wave of job cuts in 2023, with a wide range of businesses announcing layoffs across the year.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site,” says Ash Jurberg.
Below are the businesses that filed a WARN act with the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget advising of upcoming layoffs.
Upcoming Michigan Layoffs 2023
Below is a list of upcoming layoffs to hit Michigan in 2023 according to the latest WARN report.
- Henry Fox Sales Company. Grand Rapids. 114 jobs cut.
- West Michigan Molding. Grand Haven 134 jobs cut.
- FCA US. Dundee. 611 jobs cut.
- Autism Home Support Services. Northville 116 jobs cut
- Quality Spring/Togo. Coldwater. 90 jobs cut.
- Grouper Acquisition Company. Warren. 107 jobs cut.
- Tubular Metal Systems. Pinconning. 65 jobs cut.
- Illinois Tool Works. Holland. 171 jobs cut.
- Lordstown Motors Corp. Farmington 98 jobs cut.
- Lear Corp. Detroit. 558 jobs cut
- Dawson Manufacturing. Benton Harbor. 90 jobs cut.
- Phillie Bridals. Statewide Michigan jobs cut.
- Home Port Financial. Ann Arbor 113 jobs cut.
- Flint and Genesee Chamber of Commerce. Flint 90 jobs cut.
- Sandler Travis Trade Advisory. Southfield. 82 jobs cut
- Rapid Financial Services. Detroit. 51 jobs cut.
- EYM King of Michigan. Statewide. 424 jobs cut.
- Yellow Corp. Taylor. 105 jobs cut.
- Function Inc. Caledonia. 68 jobs cut.
- Finlandia University. Hancock. 137 jobs cut.
- Marshall Excelsior. Marshall 81 jobs cut.
- Concentrix Corporation. Farmington. 161 jobs cut.
- Inteva Products. Adrian. 149 jobs cut
- Clover Imaging. Ithaca. 82 jobs cut
- Prospect Airport Services. Detroit .516 jobs cut.
- Proper Group Holdings. Warren. 130 jobs cut.
- The Dearborn Inn. Dearborn. 133 jobs cut.
Latest Bank News Today
Some Chase customers are now unable to use money from debit cards according to several reports submitted on Tuesday.
Last week, Chase customers were having issues accessing their money from ATMs nationwide.
More than 16,000 Chase ATMs were affected during labor day weekend, with hundreds of reports still lingering throughout the week.
Downdetector reports that Chase customers have been experiencing being unable to use their money from their debit cards.
“I can’t withdrawal any money off my card. I can swipe to spend it. And I can’t see what I spent already. So I have to write everything down to keep track of what I spent. So inconvenient. I might go back to chime never had a problem like this,” says Naomi.
“I just deposited money from my Apple Cash to my debit card with instant transfer fee and it’s still not showing up and has been a full hour. Am the only person dealing with this issue,” says Jess Coronado.
“I’ve been dealing with this since yesterday. How are they going to have this kind of problem for days now…makes no sense. Card declining, not showing deposits, not reflecting purchases,” responded Amanda on Downdetector.
The lack of liquidity being seen in the banking sector is quite alarming to say the least, just one reason why more people have begun moving their money to online-only banks.
“Was just fine all morning and now it’s not showing recent debit card transactions. Also showed double charges earlier this morning. Chase really needs to get it together. I plan on filing a complaint with the FDIC and CFPB,” said another user on Tuesday.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- Banks Are Now Closing Thousands of Accounts Daily
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- Massive Layoffs in Texas Mount as Businesses Now Go Bankrupt
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal