The CFO had taken her role amid a round of layoffs in July last year that also saw the previous CFO Mike Recupero leave the company.
Recupero also held the CFO role for only one year.
GameStop’s board of directors announced in June that the company had terminated CEO Matter Furlong, naming Ryan Cohen as Executive Chairman of the company.
“GameStop is already operating without a CEO, and it’s poised to go without a CFO as well, as the retailer today announced that CFO Diana Saadeh-Jajeh has given her resignation, effective August 11,” says Gaming Industry Biz.
Retail Dive says that executive leadership turnover has affected the video game retailer for the past several years with the impending departure of Saadeh-Jajeh continuing the streak.
In June, a case study showed that more than 473k shares had been purchased from insiders with 0 shares sold in the three months prior.
In the past 12 months, more than 762k shares have been purchased with only 3.8k shares being sold.
Ryan Cohen purchased GameStop stock worth $10 million in June with Directors Lawrence Cheng and Alain Attal also accumulating a total of 15k shares.
GME stock is up more than +27% this year-to-date and down more than -35% in the past year.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Join the newsletter ⬅️ to receive daily stock market news, business news and updates straight to your inbox; more than 10,000 readers have joined!
THANK YOU to all of our blog sponsors, this year we’ve been able to increase our email sends and signup slots as well as introduce push notifications.
Franknez.com is the media site that keeps retail investors informed.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- A US Company Now Declares An Unexpected Bankruptcy
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs
- SNAP Benefits Will Now Increase For The Year 2024
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money
- Florida Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave