A new wave of massive layoffs hits Georgia as more businesses file WARN acts advising of upcoming job cuts in the state.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site.
“The list of layoffs continues to grow in Georgia, with another business advising of impending layoffs,” report Ash Jurberg.
“Summit Hill Foods has advised that they are selling a plant, which will close down on December 31.
The plant is located at 100 East First Avenue in Rome, and all 80 employees will lose their jobs once the plant closes.“
California still remains the #1 state with the most layoffs in the country.
In 2023, approximately 7,507 employees have been laid of in Georgia with 50 businesses filing WARN notices.
The following 3 businesses recently filed a WARN act with the Georgia Department of Labor advising of upcoming job cuts:
- Excalibur Homes, 120 jobs cut in Alpharetta.
- Packers Sanitation. 47 jobs cut in Pendergrass.
- First Savings Bank. 3 jobs cut in Georgia.
Below is the full list of expected layoffs in Georgia to take place before year’s end.
Upcoming Layoffs in Georgia This Year 2023
The businesses listed below have filed WARN acts advising of upcoming layoffs in Georgia for this year 2023:
- Saddle Creek Logistics Services, 225 jobs cut in Lithia Springs.
- Hood Industries, 105 jobs cut in Metcalfe.
- Thriveworks Administrative Service, 78 jobs cut.
- Tacomac, 25 jobs in Decatur.
- Crown Castle, 81 jobs cut in Alpharetta
- A.L.P. Lighting Components. Lithia Springs. 55 jobs cut.
- Matheson Flight Extenders. Atlanta 335 jobs cut
- Service Management Systems. Savannah. 155 jobs cut
- BPA Facility Services. Brunswick 72 jobs cut
- Crown Castle USA Inc. Alpharetta 81 jobs cut.
- Omni Corporation. Brunswick 139 jobs cut.
- Novembal USA. Across Georgia, 50 jobs were cut.
- East Lake Golf Club. Atlanta 48 jobs cut.
- Anthony, Inc. Conyers 136 jobs cut.
- Pinova, Inc. Brunswick 125 jobs cut.
- GXO Logistics Supply Chain. Fairburn 77 jobs cut.
- WestRock Services. College Park 89 jobs cut.
- Progressus Therapy. Savannah, Evans, Columbus 241 jobs cut.
- Federal Express Corporation. Macon 62 jobs cut.
- USASF SERVICING. Lawrenceville, Duluth 89 jobs cut.
- Hexaware Technolgoies, Inc. Atlanta 84 jobs cut.
- U.S. AUTO SALES, INC. Lawrenceville, Duluth 142 jobs cut.
- ART LAMINATING & FINISHING LLC Atlanta 35 jobs cut.
- Makita USA, Inc. Flowery Branch 22 jobs cut.
- Omni Corporation Glynco 18 jobs cut.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc Pendergrass 1000 jobs cut.
- David’s Bridal, LLC Buford, Kennesaw, Morrow, Macon, Augusta, Savannah 193 jobs cut.
- SSB Manufacturing Company Waycross 180 jobs cut.
- NFI Interactive Logistics, LLC McDonough 172 jobs cut.
- Batter Up Foods LLC Atlanta 110 jobs cut.
- Aspiration Partners Inc. Remote 146 jobs cut.
- Packers Sanitation Services. Murrayville 135 jobs cut.
- Solo Cup Operating Corporation Thomaston 84 jobs cut.
- Oxley Park Health and Rehabilitation Lyons 94 jobs cut.
- Walmart. Atlanta 510 jobs cut.
- Twilio Inc. Atlanta 54 jobs cut.
- Convoy, Inc. Atlanta 119 jobs cut.
- Valassis Direct Mail, Inc. Austell 69 jobs cut.
- Bechtel Power Corporation Waynesboro 536 jobs cut.
- JELD-WEN, Inc. Atlanta 82 jobs cut.
- OA Logistics Pentworth 189 jobs cut.
- Railcrew Xpress (RCX) Athens 11 jobs cut.
- Dexter Axle Company Monticello 67 jobs cut.
For more reports like this, opt-in for push notifications, join the popup newsletter, or follow me on social media below.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- California Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave
- Florida Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave
- Massive Layoffs in California Now Underway Prior to Holidays
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal