New massive layoffs in Texas are affecting thousands of workers prior to the holidays according to the latest WARN data.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site.
“Iconic food delivery company Yelloh, known for its distinctive bright yellow trucks, has announced job cuts in Texas as it ceases operations in the state,” reports Ash Jurberg.
The company released the following statement:
“Cygnus Home Service, LLC, d/b/a Yelloh is closing the following facilities and ceasing operations in the State of Texas, effective December 15, 2023… Each employee will be paid through December 26, 2023.”
The facilities closing are in Houston, Abilene, Alvin, Conroe, Lubbock, Mt Pleasant, Nacogdoches, Odessa, Pampa, Round Rock, San Angelo, Schertz, Sherman, and Waco.
So far in 2023, Texas has laid off 19,797 across 182 companies.
However, California remains the #1 state with the most layoffs in the country.
Below are the businesses that filed WARN notices advising of upcoming job cuts in Texas this year prior to the holidays.
Upcoming Layoffs in Texas 2023
Below is a list of companies that have recently laid off employees or announced they will be cutting jobs in Texas prior to the holidays this year.
- Stitch Fix. 558 job cuts by 12/01.
- Harland Clarke Corp. 130 job cuts by 12/01.
- Accenture. 351 job cuts by 12/08.
- Mittera Group, Inc. 136 job cuts by 12/09.
- LegalZoom.com. 122 job cuts by 12/15.
- Southwestern Health Resources. 228 job cuts by 12/31.
- L3Harris. 268 job cuts by 11/30.
- Aramark. 163 job cuts by 10/31.
- ED Tucker Powersports. 165 job cuts by 10/30.
- Invista-Nylon Chemicals Americas. 239 job cuts by 10/27.
- Owens-Brockway Glass Container Inc. 300 jobs cut in 10/16.
- CVS Health Corporation. 167 job cuts in 10/21.
- S&B Industries. 163 job cuts in 10/02.
Other Economy News Today
A Massive retailer is now opening 117 new stores representing over half a billion dollars in capital investments across 30 states.
Walmart on Friday will celebrate the grand reopening of 117 stores and invest more than $9 billion over two years to modernize over 1,400 stores across the U.S.
The retailer said it has revamped the stores with better layouts, wider product selections and various technological improvements as part of its “Signature Experience” initiative, which aims to enhance the shopping experience for customers.
“Among the improvements the retailer has made to its stores are interactive corner displays, larger pharmacies, rooms for nursing parents, QR codes and digital screens with helpful information for shoppers and a Dollar Shop at store entrances with seasonal products,” reports Retail Dive.
Friday is the largest single-day rollout of re-grand openings in company history.
Other store enhancements include larger online grocery pickup and delivery areas and a new grab-and-go section for quick meal and drink options.
Stores also have refreshed exteriors and interiors, more shopping carts and a new checkout design that was based on customer feedback.
In February, Walmart announced plans to shutter two stores in Arkansas and Illinois that only served pickup and delivery orders.
That month, Chief Financial Officer John Rainey said during a fourth quarter earnings call that Walmart’s store-fulfilled deliveries nearly tripled over the past two years.
“With nearly 90% of the U.S. population living within 10 miles of a Walmart, we understand how important our local stores are to customers and communities, and these construction investments allow us to create more local jobs and make it easier for our associates to get customers what they want, when they want it,” CEO John Furner said in a statement about the reopenings.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- A Massive US Bank is Now Closing Credit Cards
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal
- SNAP Benefits Will Now Increase For The Year 2024
- California Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave
- Florida Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave