Layoffs in Arizona surge according to new WARN data as more businesses advise of upcoming job cuts this year.
A total of 10 businesses have now filed WARN notices advising of layoffs in Arizona during this fourth quarter.
While these businesses have not yet announced a starting date, the notice dates are currently available.
It’s important to note that under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site.
Below is a list of companies who have advised of upcoming layoffs in Arizona so far during the fourth quarter of 2023:
- Management & Training Corporation (MTC). 86 job cuts, filed 11/27.
- HMSHost. 68 job cuts, filed 11/24.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions U.S. Corporation. 88 job cuts, filed 11/09.
- Erus Energy/Erus Holdings, LLC/Erus Builders, LLC/National Clean Energy, LLC. 58 job cuts, filed 11/07.
- Bealls Inc. 14 job cuts, filed 11/06.
- Cygnus Home Service, LLC. 68 job cuts, filed 10/25.
- La Fonda Restaurant. 20 job cuts, filed 10/23.
- Transdev Services. 829 job cuts, filed 10/20.
- Mobile Health dba Alliance Ambulance of Arizona LLC. 156 job cuts, filed 10/05.
- LECLERC FOODS NUTRITION ARIZONA, LLC. 93 job cuts, filed 10/4.
So far in 2023, there has been approximately 2,254 layoffs in Arizona across 62 businesses according to the latest WARN data.
California remains the #1 state with the most layoffs in the country.
Other Economy News Today
A bank customer now faces a painful eviction after their account was closed ‘without explanation’, according to new reports.
A Reddit user who goes by Jorose explained the hardships they went through after their bank account was suddenly closed.
On the r/banking subreddit, they explained that they had a direct deposit pending and all of their bills were due the week the account was shut down.
They wrote that they were left with no money for gas or rent and were faced with an eviction notice due to it.
Their car insurance went unpaid and their entire family’s phones were disconnected as the phone bill went unpaid as well.
Furthermore, the family was forced to go to a shelter for their meals.
“We feel insulted to be labeled as criminals, to be treated as such, and be put in such a position that has caused harm to my family for believing in this bank,” they wrote.
“I have never known what it’s like to be without money, especially all of a sudden, we are down on our luck after doing everything right.
The only thing wrong we did was trusting Bank of America with our money, harming our well-being and mental health, [and] forcing me to lose the ability to provide for my family as well.”
Bank of America told the customer that they had sent a letter notifying them of the closure, but the Redditor said it was stolen so they never got it.
Ultimately, the bank never disclosed the reason behind why it closed the customer’s account.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors.
This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
Scroll below to view my stock purchases this month!
Wondering which stocks Frank Nez is holding? Which stocks is Frank Nez buying?
Frank Nez is now sharing his exclusive and personal stock portfolio with readers, only on the Patreon.
11/16/2023 – Today I invested $1,000 in two different stocks for a brand new stock dividend portfolio I am creating for 2024.
Recommended For You ✨
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs
- A US Company Now Declares An Unexpected Bankruptcy
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- California Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave
- Florida Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money