Here are the bank branches JPMorgan Chase is now closing according to the latest data from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Banking giant JP Morgan announced that it will be closing two branch locations in Indianapolis.
Each week, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) releases a bulletin of banks set to close, and the list continues to grow.
The banks are required to provide 90 days advance notice of a location closing. On this week’s report, two locations in Indianapolis were listed to close.
- JP Morgan. 7001 Madison Ave, Indianapolis
- JP Morgan. 8120 South Meridian St, Indianapolis
“While some people do their banking online, many still prefer to visit a branch to conduct their finances so these closures will cause some customer concerns.
According to data from data from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, approximately 8,000 banks were in operation in 2000, but by 2022, this figure was halved. As banks continue to close, there is a fear that this could lead to banking deserts in some communities,” reports Ash Jurberg.
CNBC reports: “,The consolidation of bank branches is also creating “banking deserts,” when communities are without access to a bank or credit union within 10 miles.
Several studies have shown these communities are more likely to use non-traditional and high-fee lending options such as payday loans and check-cashing services, which increases financial inequities and ends up widening the wealth gap.”
Last week, there was notification that four more bank branches in Washington State will close this year, with two being JPMorgan Chase locations:
- JP Morgan. 6916 19th St W University Place
- JP Morgan. 5464 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle
JPMorgan Chase Bank Branches Closing in America | Washington Branch Closures
These are the branches in Washington that closed this summer or are due to close in the coming months.
- JP Morgan. 600 Pine St, Seattle
- JP Morgan. 12903 NE Hwy 99 Vancouver
JPMorgan Chase Banks Closing in America | Pennsylvania Branch Closures
This is the current list of bank closures happening in Pennsylvania over the next three months.
- JP Morgan. SWC of W Trenton Ave and Plaza Blvd, Morrisville
New California JPMorgan Chase Bank Branches Closing in November
For a list of more JPMorgan Chase branches closing in California this year.
- JP Morgan. 14111 Riverside Dr, Sherman Oaks
- JP Morgan. 707 Broadway Ste 100, San Diego
- JP Morgan. 1720 Fulton St, San Francisco
- JP Morgan. 12555 Valley View St, Garden Gr
For more banking news and updates, opt in for push notifications so you don’t miss the latest stories!
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- Banks Are Now Closing Thousands of Accounts Daily
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money
- Bank of America is Freezing Accounts in New Scandal
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs