Many big banks will now be closing in New York this year according to the latest data from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
As stated in previous reports, according to data from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), approximately 8,000 banks were in operation in 2000, but by 2022, this figure was halved.
This is a trend that analysts predict will continue to grow as online banking popularity entices the broader market.
“New York residents will see Capital One, Citizens Bank and JPMorgan Chase close their doors in the next three months, making it more difficult for customers to access basic banking services.
Bank of America, Community Bank, KeyBank, Santander Bank and Wells Fargo will also reportedly shutter outlets”, says Daily Mail.
The following list of banks closing in New York is the most current report to-date.
However, as new branches are reported to close, they will also be updated here.
In this article, I’m going to break down the name of the bank as well as the locations of banks closing in New York each month.
Let’s get started!
New York Bank Branches Closing in June
These New York bank branches have now closed as of June 2023.
- Citizens Bank. 95 Weibel Ave, Saratoga Springs
- Citizens Bank. 96 Wolf Ave, Albany
- Citizens Bank. 35 Franklin Plaza, Dansville
- Citizens Bank. 9 Clifton Country Rd, Clifton Park
- JP Morgan. 1025 Brown St, Peekskill
- Bank of America. 2001 Rockway Parkway, Brooklyn
- Capital One. 200 W. 135TH St, New York
- Capital One. 500 East Fordham Rd, Bronx
New York Bank Branches Closing in July
The list below shows New York bank branches that closed for the month of July.
- Wells Fargo. 133 North Main St, Port Chester
- Santander Bank. 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York
- Keybank. 2315 N. Triphammer Rd, Ithaca
- JP Morgan. 36-63 Main St, Flushing
- JP Morgan. 60 Great Neck Rd, Great Neck
New York Bank Branches Closing in August
The following banks are expected to be closing in New York this August.
- Community Bank. 830 Country Rt 64, Elmira
- Community Bank. 26 East Main St, Clifton Springs
- Community Bank. 331 West Pulteney St, Corning
- JP Morgan. 402 Halstead Ave, Harrison
- JP Morgan. 275 Halstead Ave, Harrison
- Capital One. 118 7th St, Garden City
New York Bank Branches Closing in September/October
These banks are now closing in New York between the months of September and October.
- Santander Bank. 717 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn
- Flagstar Bank. 1445 Richmond Ave, Staten Island
- Flagstar Bank. 350 Motor Parkway, Hauppauge
- Flagstar Bank. 1351 Forest Ave, Staten Island
- Flagstar Bank. 3501 Amboy Rd, Staten
- Flagstar Bank. 335 Nesconset Hwy, Hauppage
- Flagstar Bank. 2656 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island
- Keybank. 3083 Carman Rd, Rotterdam
- JP Morgan. 533 5th Ave, Brooklyn
For more banking news and updates, join the newsletter below or feel free to browse the site using the search bar located in the menu.
Market News Published Daily 📰
Join the newsletter ⬅️ to receive daily stock market news, business news and updates straight to your inbox; more than 10,000 readers have joined!
THANK YOU to all of our blog sponsors, this year we’ve been able to increase our email sends and signup slots as well as introduce push notifications.
Franknez.com is the media site that keeps retail investors informed.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- Bank of America is Freezing Accounts in New Scandal
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs
- Banks Are Now Closing Thousands of Accounts Daily
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal