Bank branches are now quickly closing in California as 10 have already begun to close this month with another 20 scheduled to close in October.
A total of 16 California bank branches closed in August, including Wells Fargo, Bank of California, JPMorgan, Zions, and Flagstar Banks.
This trend has only grown in recent years and months as online banking surges in popularity.
According to data from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), approximately 8,000 banks were in operation in 2000, but by 2022, this figure was halved.
High-yield savings and money market accounts saw an influx in cash from customers.
Depositors have now pulled $1.5 trillion from big banks globally as they search for higher returns.
Here are bank branches closing in California this month through November.
California Bank Branches closing in September
Below is a list of banks closing in California for the month of September.
- Bank of America. 336 South Twin Oaks Valley Rd, San Marcos
- Flagstar Bank. 201 Mission Street, San Francisco
- Bank of America. 5800 South Eastern Ave, Los Angeles
- Wells Fargo. 3550 Round Barn Blvd, Santa Rosa
- Citibank. 10460 MT Gleason Ave, Tujunga
- Citibank. 41969 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake
- Citibank. 1995 41st Ave, Capitola
- JP Morgan. 2121 Olympic Parkway, Chula Vista
- Wells Fargo. 301 S. Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach
- Bank of America. 1818 South Euclid St, Anaheim
California Bank Branches closing in October
Below is a list of banks closing in California for the month of October.
- Wells Fargo. 1565 East Highland, San Bernardino
- JP Morgan. 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park
- Wells Fargo. 1071 El Camino Real, Redwood City
- Wells Fargo. 42420 Washington Ave, Bermuda Dunes
- Bank of America. 2925 Scott Blvrd, Santa Clara
- Bank of America. 200 Cochrane Plaza, Morgan Hill
- Bank of America. 1275 Fell St, San Francisco
- Bank of America. 3491 McKee Rd, San Jose
- Bank of America. 1400 Moraga Way, Moraga
- Bank of America. 2049 Century Park East, Los Angeles
- Wells Fargo. 303 N. El Dorado St, Stockton
- City NB. 50 Freemont St, San Francisco
- City NB. 800 Silverado St, La Jolla
- City NB. 1800 Century Park East, Los Angeles
- JP Morgan. 150 W. Foothill Blvd, Azusa
- City NB. 1100 FLlynn Rd, Camarillo
- JP Morgan. 23220 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance
- Wells Fargo. 116 Sunset Dr, San Ramon
- Wells Fargo. 103 Eeast Stetson Ave, Hemet
- Wells Fargo. 118 E. Carillo St, Santa Barbara
California Bank Branches closing in November
The following banks are closing in California for the month of November.
- Wells Fargo. 8405 North Fresno St, Suite 300, Fresno
- Bank of America. 2708 Ming Ave, Bakersfield
- Bank of America. 1440 Truxton Ave, Bakersfield
- JP Morgan. 14111 Riverside Dr, Sherman Oaks
- JP Morgan. 707 Broadway Ste 100, San Diego
- JP Morgan. 1720 Fulton St, San Francisco
- JP Morgan. 12555 Valley View St, Garden Gr
- US Bank. 4947 Third St, San Francisco
- Zion Bank. 700 West Camino El Real, Mountain View
- Bank of America. 2134 Montebello Town Center, Montebello
- Bank of America. 800 Irving St, San Francisco
- Bank of America. 39168 Winchester Rd, Murrieta
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs
- Bank of America is Freezing Accounts in New Scandal
- Banks Are Now Closing Thousands of Accounts Daily
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money