A new wave of massive layoffs is now hitting Pennsylvania according to the latest data from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry.
“Pennsylvania has experienced a wave of job cuts in 2023, with a wide range of businesses announcing layoffs across the year.
Under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, an employer with more than 100 full-time workers must provide a 60-day notice before laying off 50 or more people at a single site,” reports Ash Jurberg.
“So far, over 8,000 jobs have been cut in Pennsylvania across the first nine months of 2023. As a comparison, across all of 2022, there were 7044 jobs lost.”
California remains the #1 state with the most layoffs in the country.
Below are the businesses that filed a WARN act with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry advising of upcoming layoffs.
Upcoming Layoffs in Pennsylvania 2023
Below is a list of upcoming layoffs scheduled to take place in Pennsylvania by year’s end.
- FedEx. York. 220 jobs cut.
- Burch Logistics. Philadelphia. 54 jobs cut.
- Hussian College. Philadelphia. 23 jobs were cut.
- Schnader, Harrison, Segal & Lewis. Philadelphia. 83 jobs cut.
- Crothall Healthcare @ Wellspan Health. York. 64 jobs cut.
- Bowhead Logistics Management. Chambersburg. 61 jobs cut.
- WestRock. Hazelton. 70 jobs cut.
- The AMES Companies. Harrisburg. 57 jobs cut.
- CVS Health. Blue Bell. 157 jobs cut.
- KeHe Distributors. Breinigsville. 8 jobs cut.
- Stitch Fix. Bethlehem. 393 jobs cut.
- Goodblend Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh. 76 jobs cut.
- ABA2DAY Behavior Services. Crum Lynne. 94 jobs cut.
- Forman Mills. Whitehall, Wyncote, Philadelphia, Glenolden 245 jobs cut.
- Greyhound Lines. Philadelphia. 10 jobs cut.
- Marsden Services. Ambridge. 179 jobs cut.
- Bon Appetit Management Company. Easton. 194 jobs cut.
- Envision Physician Services. Conshocken. 162 jobs cut.
- Warwick House. Hartsville. 58 jobs cut.
- Bon Appetit Management Company. Grove City 185 jobs cut.
- David’s Bridal. Statewide. Jobs cut undisclosed.
- Donna Bella Farms. Temple. 161 jobs cut.
- HVL. Pittsburgh. 312 jobs cut.
- Lightning Source. Breinigsville. 260 jobs cut.
- McKesson Corporation. New Castle. 135 jobs cut.
- NRG, Homer City Generating Station. Homer City. 129 jobs cut.
- Ryder Integrated Logistics. Frackville. 132 jobs cut.
- Santander Bank. Reading .77 jobs cut.
- Bedding Acquisition. Pottsville. 112 jobs cut.
- BLST Operating Company, LLC Warren 23 jobs cut
- Brook & Whittle. Croydon. 72 jobs cut.
- Chewy, Inc. Mechanicsburg. 522 jobs cut.
- First Quality Retail Services. King of Prussia. 18 jobs cut.
- GEODIS Logistics. Kutztown. 107 jobs cut.
- International Vitamin Corporation. Philadelphia. 203 jobs cut.
- NFI Interactive Logistics. Bethel. 124 jobs cut.
- Target. Philadelphia. 47 jobs cut.
- Wal-Mart Distribution Center. Bethlehem 597 jobs cut.
- Johnson & Johnson. Lancaster. 57 jobs cut.
- NRG Energy. Westmoreland. 70 jobs cut.
- Shop-Vac USAWilliamsport. 80 jobs cut.
- Ascent Tubular Products. Munhall. 114 jobs cut.
- Brinks Home. Statewide. 13 jobs cut.
- C.H. Briggs. Reading. 104 jobs cut.
- Finance of America Holdings. Conshohocken. 43 jobs cut.
- Heartland Healthcare Services. Allentown 71 jobs cut.
- LSC Communications. Lancaster 656 jobs cut.
- Morrison Healthcare. Allentown, Hazelton, Bethlehem, East Stroudsburg, Pottsville, Easton, Lehighton, Dickson City. 478 jobs cut.
- Qualfon. Johnstown. 206 jobs cut.
- Spreadshirt. Greensburg. 64 jobs cut.
- Assurant. York 442 jobs cuts
- Coca-Cola. Allentown. 58 jobs cut Allentown
- The AMES Company. Camp Hill. 182 jobs cut
- CSL Behring. Philadelphia 3 jobs cut
Market News Published Daily 📰
Don’t forget to opt-in for push notifications so you don’t miss a single article!
Also, thank you to all of our blog sponsors. This year we’ve been able to increase push notifications slots making it more convenient than ever for new readers to receive their daily market news and updates.
- Gain access to EXCLUSIVE FrankNez articles you won’t find here.
- Become part of a private and safe Discord community, just for retail investors.
- Get drawn at the end of the year for holiday giveaways.
Recommended For You ✨
- A US Company Now Declares An Unexpected Bankruptcy
- The US Treasury Direct is Now Freezing Customer Accounts
- A US Bank is Now Denying Customers Access to Money
- Wells Fargo is Now Freezing Bank Accounts in New Scandal
- Florida Now Has Massive Departures As Hundreds of Thousands Leave
- Chase Customers Now Unable to Access Money Through ATMs