Although there are a huge number of .NET developers on the market, not everyone knows how to distinguish a good .NET developer, taking into account their different knowledge and skills.
What is .NET?
.NET is one of the most famous software development platforms today.
New to .NET is the integration of various Microsoft development tools, be it languages, technologies, or libraries, which allows the developer to create almost anything.
What are its benefits?
- Compatibility: You can use the functionality of other programs developed outside of .NET.
- Security: The CLR (Common Language Runtime) automatically performs code checks to make it safe. In addition, you can apply different levels of security, which will allow you to have read permissions, but not write permissions.
- Multilingual Compatibility: You can write your code in any language as long as it is compatible with .NET.
- The garbage collector is an automatic memory management system offered by the CLR. It detects when a program is no longer using memory and automatically releases it, making the developer’s job easier.
- Application development time is reduced and maintenance is simplified, which means lower costs.
.NET Professional Skills and How to Improve Them
There are many areas that a .NET developer can specialize in, so it’s always a good idea to keep up with market trends.
This helps us at least to some extent predict which specialties will remain or become relevant in the future.
In any case, we must always consider several requirements to become a good .NET developer.
They are the following:
- Coding: It is very important to know how to write code, but it is equally important to know what new code is needed or what existing code can help us save resources.
- Programming Languages: As we mentioned earlier, .NET supports various programming languages, among which C# stands out as one of the most popular. Knowing others like C++ or J# will help you figure out which one is best for each project.
- Budgeting: Knowing how to create budgets is an added benefit when starting a new project as we will be able to know the resources required to complete it and expand it. During the creation of a project, it is always necessary to check it to make sure that we do not exceed it.
- Time Management: Knowing how to organize yourself to meet deadlines and even be able to manage multiple projects at the same time is essential when developing in .NET.
- Collaboration: Some projects require collaboration with other IT professionals, which requires skills such as listening, delegating, and respecting other people’s opinions or ways of working.
How to get all these skills?
To improve your knowledge, you will need:
– Consider experience: feedback from colleagues, superiors, or users after the completion of the project serves as a guideline so as not to repeat mistakes or improve in some aspects.
– Practice: Regularly strengthening your techniques will not only help you achieve perfection but will also show you what aspects you need to focus on to improve them.
– Seek help: Finding a professional to teach you and evaluate your skills will make a difference. Having someone to share their knowledge and help you identify areas in which you excel will make the learning process easier. It is also a valuable resource for resolving some doubts.
– Keep learning all the time: constant learning is essential for development, in a world that is constantly changing and evolving. In addition to the more classic ways, like taking courses or reading books, you can enrich your skills in other activities: attending events, reading articles, news, and blogs, or chatting with other developers. All this will allow you to always be aware of the latest news.
If you want to know more and learn more about salaries, then check out https://devoxsoftware.com/blog/net-developer-salary-guide-based-on-experience-and-location/.